5 Reasons Hull is the City to Invest in Right Now
Hull’s year as the UK’s City of Culture is now reaching its halfway stages, with activity in and attention on the area continuing to give the city huge cultural, social and economic boosts. From the mesmerising Made in Hull opening ceremony to the electric BBC Radio 1’s Big Weekend, the city has given both its residents and its visitors the time of their lives.
With all this new activity in the city, and a number of previously announced exciting new developments and major investments now well underway in delivering their great benefits for the region, there’s no question that Hull is the UK’s hot property when it comes to making your next investment.
- The UK’s City of Culture 2017: as mentioned before, being awarded the City of Culture title back in 2013, beating other shortlisted locations Dundee, Leicester and Swansea Bay, was a huge moment for the area, with the promise of huge investments and exciting cultural events to come. The city’s buzzing atmosphere and bright future are attracting new interest from investors across the UK with every passing day.
- An Expanding Job Market: with new investments from the likes of Siemens, Hull’s job market is expanding rapidly, with young professionals moving to the city in search of rental accommodation. Hull’s Fruit Market and Humber Street is a particularly popular area for demographics such as these, with this the city’s thriving digital and cultural quarter.
- Low Property Prices: now considered to be one of the UK’s ‘buy to let hotspots’, Hull is making headlines when it comes to high rental yields and great value prices on residential properties. Co-founder of The Property Hub, Rob Bence, described yields in the city as “already fantastic”, with 2016 seeing an average yield of 4.8% for investors opting to put their faith in the city.
- Rising Rental Demand: as comes with an expanding job market and large-scale investments and developments in a city, Hull’s rental demand is rising. Coupled with low property prices and high yields, now is the time to invest in the city, with investors already snapping up the great opportunities which the region has to offer.
- National and International Connections: Hull has excellent transport connections, both within the UK and with mainland Europe. Nearby Humberside airport and a ferry port means the continent can be reached easily, whilst rail networks connect the city to London in just over two hours, and to nearby Leeds in 45 minutes.
If you’re ready to make your first investment in the UK’s City of Culture, we’ll be by your side, with a wealth of local knowledge and an unrivalled reputation in the region. Just get in touch with one of our friendly team, and we’ll talk you through any questions you might have.